Faucets & Sinks
Types of Faucets and Sinks for Commercial Use:
Faucets and sinks are important fixtures in all commercial establishments. Faucets and sinks are very useful when it comes to washing hands, washing glass, washing stockpot and for cleaning flatware in all commercial establishments. Sinks and faucets also constitute important part of food safety program in restaurants, fast food joints, bars and other commercial premises.
Types of sinks useful for commercial establishments:
1. Hand sinks: These are standard sinks found in majority of commercial establishments.
2. Kitchen sinks: Restaurants and other commercial establishments have large kitchens. Based on the size of the size of the kitchen, these sinks can consist of 1-4 compartments for rinsing and washing utensils. Big commercial establishments have large-sized compartment sinks for washing large sized cookware and fill stockpots.
3. Bar Sinks: These are compartment sinks especially designed for washing glasses.
Types of Faucets:
1. Wall Mount Faucets: As the name suggests, these faucets are mounted on the walls. They are the most common types of faucets found in most restaurants.
2. Pot Filler Assemblies: These are special wall mount faucets that have a hose or an extended swiveling spout, which enables easy filling of big stockpots.
3. Pre-Rinse Assemblies: Pre-Rinse Assemblies are faucets designed specifically to help staff members to rinse the used cookware and tableware before they are washed thoroughly in the dish washer.
It is very important to choose the right type of faucets and sinks for easy cleaning of utensils and glassware.
Commercial faucets and sinks are mainly made from stainless steel, which offer tremendous durability and resistant from rust. You can follow these RotorooterSantaBarbara simple maintenance techniques to extend the life span of commercial faucets and sinks.
Steel faucets and sinks have a thin chromium or nickel coat that prevents the sinks and faucets from losing their luster and prevent them from rusting. Avoid using abrasive detergents to clean faucets and sinks to prevent erosion of the chromium coat.